Shaker residents have easy access to the resources of a vibrant Cleveland.
- Cultural riches of museums and the Cleveland Orchestra at University Circle
- Professional business community and world-class health care institutions
- Professional sports arenas abound, home to the Indians, the Browns and the Cavaliers.
Shaker is well situated in the region. It is home to:
- 28,448 residents
- Four lakes
- Plentiful parklands
- 7,696 private homes
- 4,285 rental properties
Shaker Heights has a nationally acclaimed school district boasting:
- The most highly educated faculty in the Cleveland area
- Seventeen college-level Advanced Placement classes in which approximately one-third of High School students participate
- Nine-time winner of the "What Parents Want" award
- First in Ohio to have each of its schools cited by the United States Department of Education as National Blue Ribbon Schools
- 90% college attendance rate
It is the only one of Cleveland's eastern suburbs with two rapid transit lines connecting it to downtown and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
Shaker Heights has a vibrant business community:
- Over 1,000 businesses, including hundreds of successful home based businesses
- A wide variety of local and national retail offerings
- Well over 1 million square feet of office space
- Approximately 500,000 square feet of retail space
- Exciting business expansion and relocation opportunities
- Learn about Shaker's Economic Development resources
Shaker Heights has distinctive neighborhoods characterized by:
- Tree-lined, canopied streets
- Extraordinary architecture
Shaker Heights is:
- Ohio's first planned garden city
- Home to a regional Nature Center identified as a National Environmental Education Landmark
- Host to updated recreational facilities that include a 50 meter swimming pool and an indoor, year-round ice skating arena
- One of the first cities in the midwest to adopt legislation supporting Green Building and Sustainable Community Practices.
- The City of Shaker Heights supports fair housing.
Eighty percent of Shaker is located within a historic district that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.