Shaker Life Magazine
Shaker Contemporary Living
CONSIDERING A MOVE TO SHAKER HEIGHTS?
Provide your name and address and we will send a free copy of Shaker Contemporary Living.
Collection and Removal
Shaker’s beauty is enhanced by a well-organized and executed system of brush and rubbish collection. Friendly and welcoming neighborhoods are free of unsightly trash because most collections are made from back and side yards.
Service Center: 15600 Chagrin Boulevard
- Garbage must be bagged or wrapped and then placed inside rigid containers with tight-fitting lids.
- On regular collection day, all waste must be
- kept in containers;
- placed in front of garage door or at corner of house, on driveway.
- Do not store any other materials within 4-feet of the container area.
- Containers must be outside of enclosures and fences.
- Maximum 10 garbage bags per household per refuse pickup.
- Maximum 10 flattened boxes per household per refuse pickup.
- Containers must be galvanized or plastic weather-resistant, not to exceed 26 gallons in capacity or 40 pounds filled weight.
- Containers must be maintained in sanitary condition at all times.
- Rubbish and recycling materials are collected once a week. Contact the Public Works Department 216-491-1490 for collection day for your street.
- If pick-up from your house is missed, call 216-491-1490 within 24 hours of your regular pick-up day, or request collection the next day. Reporting a rubbish miss later than 24 hours after your regular day results in pick-up the following week.
- During winter, keep driveways clear enough for vehicles to enter. Collection may be delayed a day following a major snowstorm. (Join our email list at left to be notified of trash delays.)
- Clear driveways of parked cars by 7:30 AM so rubbish is visible and scooters can enter.
- Refuse must be in place by 7:30 AM.