Large Items for Disposal
Free Large Item Drop-Off on Saturdays Year-Round*
- Bring items to the Service Center (15600 Chagrin Blvd.) on Saturdays only 8 AM-4 PM.
- Only residents of Shaker Heights may drop off items, and only for the property or unit in which they live. Bring a driver’s license and current utility bill (within 90 days) or vehicle registration as proof of residency.
- Personal vehicles permitted to drop off:
- personal pickup trucks
- Vehicles not allowed to drop off:
- cars with trailers
- rental trucks
- other types of trucks or vans
- Acceptable items include appliances, furniture, small amounts of building materials, and household items.
- Items not accepted include paint, computers, insecticides/pesticides, yard or lawn waste, rocks, bricks, or recyclables. See Recycling Events.
*The Service Center may be closed during snow events so that plows can move safely through the yard. If you're uncertain, call 216-295-3492 before you come.
Special Pick-Up of Large Items
The City has compiled the following list of qualified contractors who can provide pick-up services at competitive prices.
- Haul My Mess
4222 Okalona Road, South Euclid, 44121
- DiCillo Landscape Design Inc.
1747 Roselawn Road, Mayfield Heights, 44124
- WeHaul, LLC
3333 E Scarborough Road, Cleveland Heights, 44118
Christmas Tree Removal
Place Christmas trees on the tree lawn. Do not wrap in anything (such as plastic bags). The trees are collected and ground for soil and mulch.
Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.