The Law Department provides legal services to the City, including legal counsel to the Mayor, City Council, departments, boards, agencies, and commissions of the City.
- Directs and coordinates drafting and approval of all ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and other legal documents.
- Manages all litigation, claims for damages, and civil rights complaints.
- Prosecutes violations of City ordinances.
- Provides legal assistance in labor relations, administrative matters and the City's legislative initiatives.
- Provides enforcement, outreach, and training for the City's Fair Housing Ordinance.
- Conducts specialized training of City administration and employees as to legal rights, responsibilities, and issues.
City of Shaker Heights Charter and Codified Ordinances
3400 Lee Road
Shaker Heights, OH 44120-3493
Office Hours: Monday-Friday
8:30 AM-5 PM
3355 Lee Road
Shaker Heights, OH 44120-3453