Natural Gas Aggregation Program
March 2, 2017 - Rate for Participants in the City’s Natural Gas Aggregation Program Set at $3.45 starting April 1, 2017.
- The City has its own Natural Gas Aggregation Program for residents and small businesses of the City.
- The City's natural gas supplier is Interstate Gas Supply (IGS).
- The rate for natural gas supplied to participants in the City's Aggregation Prgoram for the period April 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017 will be $3.45 per MCF (thousands of cubic feet).
- The rate for the period October 2016 through March 2017 has been $3.48 per MCF.
- The rate does not include County sales tax (8%), as well as Dominion's transportation costs and monthly customer charge.
- Residents and businesses may enter or leave the City's Aggregation Program without having to pay a switching or cancellation fee to IGS. (Note: Other providers may charge a fee to switch to the City's Aggregation Program).
- Under the City's Aggregation Program, Dominion continues to maintain the pipeline system that delivers natural gas to your home or business. You will continue to receive a single bill from Dominion for your natural gas service. You will still contact Dominion regarding loss of gas service, odor of gas, or for any other concerns or issues having to do with your local service. Budget billing and automatic billing options will continue to be available through Dominion.
- Residents can compare their total rate with Dominion's and other rates through the "Apples to Apples" calculation at the PUCO's website.
- Variable rates may be lower. Dominion's Standard Choice Offer (SCO) rate changes monthly.
If you have any questions, please call IGS Energy at 800-280-4474, weekdays, from 8 am to 8 pm.
Friday, April 28, 2017