Residential Housing Incentives
Shaker Heights offers many resources to assist homeowners in maintaining or upgrading their property, including a wide range of financial assistance programs.
- Some of these programs are loans with extra-low interest rates.
- Others provide grants, sometimes with a required match from the homeowner.
- All programs are designed to keep Shaker's housing stock both desirable and competitive.
- High property values benefit all Shaker residents.
- The City of Shaker Heights supports fair housing.
The City partners with Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Cleveland (NHS) to provide home repair loan assistance as well as homeownership and credit counseling services. Contact Tom Voss at 216-458-4663 ext 322 for more information about home repair loans. Contact Mariah Harris at 216-458-4663 ext 313 for financial/credit counseling. Find additional financial literacy resources.
Visit the Resource Center at City Hall, 3400 Lee Road.
- Open 9 AM-4 PM, Monday-Friday.
- Find technical resources to help you plan and complete your home improvement project.
- Resources include:
- building code and permit information
- housing preservation information
- materials on roofing, windows, masonry, painting, electrical and landscaping