In-person registration begins February 27
Bring on the fun! Warm weather and summer vacation mean camp is in session! The Shaker Heights Recreation Department offers a variety of camps to ensure a memorable, fun, and safe summer for your child.
Traditional Camp for children in grades K-8 continues this year in a weekly format – sign up for as many weeks as you like. Specialty and Sports Camps are also available for children with specific interests. Review the Spring/Summer Recreation Catalog for details on all summer camps.
- Registration for camps this year is:
- In person at Thornton Park, 3301 Warrensville Center Road, or the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building, 3450 Lee Road.
- Over the phone by calling 216-491-1295 or 216-491-1360
- Shaker Heights Recreation Department does not provide daily transportation to/from camps. However, a private bus company is used for field trips planned during the camp day.
- Please verify the location of the camp in which your child is registered prior to the first day of camp. Camps are located in a variety of facilities throughout the community. If you need directions to any of the facilities, please request them at the time of registration.
- In case of emergency during camp, call 216-491-1295. The appropriate camp director will be contacted in the event of an emergency.
- Traditional Camp: Camp fees are based upon the number of weeks your child(ren) attend and include multi-week discounts. Sibling discounts are not offered. Register and pay in full for all camps by June 13 to receive a discount. A late fee of $25 applies when registering the Friday before each week of camp. Fees include admission/transportation for field trips and a summer camp t-shirt. For more information on fees for Traditional Camp see page 24 of the Spring/Summer Recreation Catalog.
- Specialty Camp: Camp fees vary based on selected camp. Fees include admission/transportation for field trips and a summer camp t-shirt. For more information on fees for Specialty Camps please review the listing beginning on page 25 of the Spring/Summer Recreation Catalog.