Shaker Life Magazine
Shaker Contemporary Living
CONSIDERING A MOVE TO SHAKER HEIGHTS?
Provide your name and address and we will send a free copy of Shaker Contemporary Living.
HOMES & NEIGHBORHOODS
- New construction/renovation - residential/commercial
- Home & Property Improvements
- Construction Guidelines & Building Specifications
- How to Hire a Contractor
- Registered Contractors
- Residential property inspections
- Housing code compliance
- Point of sale inspection/escrow requirements
- Inspection guidelines: Forms & Permits
- Five-Year Exterior Home Inspections
- Building new homes
- Acquiring City-owned vacant lots
- Green Building
- Incentive Programs
- Preservation of homes/public spaces/ buildings
- Strategic Planning:
- Warrensville/Van Aken Redevelopment
- Shaker Town Center Area Redevelopment
- Architectural Board of Review
- City Planning Commission/Board of Zoning Appeals
- Landmark Commission
- Housing Programs
- Technical and financial assistance for home repairs
- Landlord resources
- attracting viable businesses,
- retaining and strengthening existing businesses, and
- building community-based partnerships to connect commercial areas to the surrounding neighborhoods.
RECREATION & HEALTH
- Flu shots/immunizations/health advisories
- Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Emergency Preparedness
- Recreation classes
- Thornton Park Recreational Facilities
- Ice Arena, Swimming Pool Skateboard Park, Basketball, Volleyball and Tennis Courts
- School Age Care
- Services for Senior Adults
SAFETY & PUBLIC WORKS
- Crime Prevention
- Registrations & Permits (registered snow plow operators)
- Citizens Police Academy and Alumni Association
- Police Partners Program
- Emergency medical service
- Life safety
- Fire Prevention
- Maintenance/repair services public land/buildings
- Garbage/leaf/snow collection
- Promotion of Shaker to attract and retain residents
- Shaker Life magazine
- Email subscription sign-up
- Employment opportunities/applications
- Risk Management
- Budget management
- Accounts Payable
- Legal services
- Ordinances, resolutions, contracts
- Fair Housing
- Foreclosure Resources
In compliance with Ohio Revised Code § 149.43 and the Ohio Sunshine Laws, the City of Shaker Heights allows for prompt inspection of its public records or provides copies of its public records within a reasonable period of time. Public records are available for inspection during regular business hours. Please contact the Public Records Manager for the City department that most likely retains your particular record.
Shaker Heights Latest
Shaker Heights Arts & Music Festival Returns June 22 & 23
May 6, 2013 - Now in its fourth year, the Shaker Heights Arts & Music Festival on Saturday and Sunday, June 22 and 23, promises to deliver a weekend packed with great food from local vendors, a juried art show, phenomenal musical entertainment and activities for children. Free admission. Farnsleigh Road will be closed to through traffic from Thursday, June 20 through Sunday, June 23.Read more...
Shaker Heights Landmark Commission Announces First Annual Preservation Month Photo Contest
May 3, 2013 - The Shaker Heights Landmark Commission invites you to capture what you love about Shaker Heights in the first annual Preservation Month Photo Contest. The contest was created in honor of National Preservation Month, which is celebrated each May by preservation organizations across the country.
The Landmark Commission formally recognizes the City’s historic places through the designation of landmarks and the annual Preservation Awards program. Celebrate your favorite historic places in Shaker.Read more...
Recreation Improvements Close Facilities
May 3, 2013 - The following facilities will be closed for improvements:
Around the World Playground, located adjacent to the Shaker Heights Main Library, is closed April 29 through May 24 for removal and replacement of the rubber safety surface.
Sussex Tennis Courts, located on the grounds of the Shaker Family Center, are closed May 3 through May 10 for relining and color coating of the surface.
Meet the New Owners of Shaker Town Center
April 17, 2013 - The Lomond Association is sponsoring a meeting with representatives of Katz Properties, new owners of Shaker Town Center, to discuss the future of the shopping center:
Thursday, April 25; 7-9 pm
Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building
3450 Lee Road, Shaker Heights
Open to the public
Shaker Starbucks Seeks to Stay in Van Aken District
April 11,2013 - Starbucks and the City of Shaker Heights are working together to keep the Shaker Starbucks open until construction begins in the Van Aken District in January 2014. Starbucks is actively looking for a new location in the District which will provide an even better experience for the Shaker Heights community.