The Shaker Heights Police Department is an internationally accredited law enforcement agency with 64 sworn officers, and 38 support and part-time personnel.
In partnership with our community, strive to ensure safety and security through crime prevention, traffic safety, and criminal investigation, while creating a work environment that recruits, trains, and develops outstanding employees.
View the Shaker Life magazine article about the department:
A Force for Change (page 36)
- Request a public police record.
- Request permission to park overnight.
- Report a problem with a street light.
- Report a problem with a traffic signal or street sign.
- Request an off-duty officer.
- Submit the Family Safety Questionnaire, which helps our officers better serve individuals with cognitive disorders (e.g. autism, dementia) in a crisis.
- View all frequently asked questions.
Contact the Police
The Police Department is always prepared to assist residents with both emergencies and non-emergencies. Follow these guidelines when contacting the Police Department:
- Emergency 911 Calls: Call 9-1-1 to report an emergency, a crime in progress, or suspicious activity. From a cell phone, call 216-491-1234 to reach the dispatch center directly, as calling 9-1-1 will route your call through Cuyahoga Emergency Communications System (CECOMS).
- Non-Emergency Calls: Call the 24-hour, non-emergency line, 216-491-1220, for questions/information.