Considering a Move to Shaker
Welcome! We’re glad you’re considering a move to Shaker. Review the information below for a virtual look at what it’s like to live here, and then come pay us a visit in person. We think you’ll agree: a move to Shaker feels like coming home.
Get to Know Us
Shaker Heights took the top spot in the Best Place to Raise a Family in Northeast Ohio Magazine’s 2020 Parent Choice Awards and was also recently featured in the magazine's Community Focus section.
- Overview: Read it and get a sense for what it’s like to live, learn, shop, and dine in Shaker.
- Shaker Life: Read our award-winning magazine to get an up-close take on our community.
- Neighborhoods: We’ve got nine. Each one a unique part of a vibrant Shaker.
- Schools: Shaker Heights City School District, known for academic excellence and cultural diversity, has adopted the International Baccalaureate program at every grade level; Shaker is also home to four independent schools.
- Social Media: Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to see what’s going on now.
- Watch: Experience Shaker Heights in our new video series.
Email Diana Simeon or call at 216-491-1418 for more information.
Find a Place to Call Home
Whether you buy or rent in Shaker, there are housing options to fit all tastes. Most Shaker homes were built in the 1920s and 1930s and have been meticulously maintained by owners who meet, and oftentimes exceed, the City’s requirements. The City also includes condominiums, apartments, and one- and two-family rentals - many of which are located along or nearby the Rapid lines.
- Contact a top-selling Shaker Realtor for assistance in buying a single- or two-family home or condominium, or renting a home or apartment.
- Learn about New Housing Options in our City.