Shaker Heights is an exceptional place. Here you will discover a quality of life that is second to none. Historic architecture, magnificent tree-lined streets and parks, and well-supported, top-notch schools are sources of tremendous community pride. In addition, our notable city services, public transportation, a business friendly environment, and our ideal location set us apart. Our active, engaged residents and their strong sense of community make the city a truly special place to call home.
- A diverse population of 28,000-plus ... a mix of newcomers from across the globe and long-time residents alike
- Nine distinctive neighborhoods characterized by tree-lined streets, ample sidewalks and extraordinary architecture
- Four lakes and plentiful parklands and playgrounds.
- Updated recreational facilities including an outdoor 50-meter swimming pool and an indoor, year-round ice skating arena
- A regional Nature Center identified as a National Environmental Education Landmark
- A 2016 Bronze Level Bicycle Friendly Community, named by the League of American Bicyclists
- A top Ohio school district, one of only eight nationwide to have adopted the highly regarded International Baccalaureate program
- Four independent schools (Hathaway Brown School, Laurel School, University School, and St. Dominic School)