City Service Updates
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. If you cannot find the information you need here, please use the search box in the upper right-hand corner of this page or call the relevant City department for assistance.
- View the current Summer Programming Update
- Playgrounds are open. Residents are advised to use at their own risk and observe social distancing protocols. The City will sanitize playgrounds weekly.
- Canceled for summer 2020: Thornton Park pool, block parties, camps, concerts; Horseshoe Lake Pavilion reservations canceled through September. View the complete list via the link above.
City Hall, Thornton Park and the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building remain closed to the public. Please contact departments directly for alternative options. Or call 216-491-1400 for assistance.
- Most public meetings are being held virtually, by phone and/or video conference (view the calendar). Find instructins for participating in the Agenda Center (select the agenda for the meeting you’d like to attend; instructions for joining virtually are a the top of the agenda).
- View updates on the Shaker Municipal Court website.
Building & Housing
- Permitting and inspections are proceeding with some modifications. Learn more.
- Station tours and child safety seat installations have been suspended.
- Spring hydrant flushing has been canceled.
- Saturday large item drop off at Service Center (15600 Chagrin Blvd.) — Open until further notice. Please remain in car until it is your turn; then show your ID through the window before unloading. Unfortunately, City staff cannot help with unloading due to social distancing protocols. If you require help unloading, we request you wait until our staff is able to help.
- Saturday and Sunday recycling at Service Center — Open until further notice. Please observe social distancing protocols and remain a minimum of six feet away from other residents while dropping off your recycling.
- Fingerprinting services, station tours and ride alongs have been suspended until further notice.
- View the latest programming update (PDF).
- Thornton Park Pool will remain closed for summer 2020.
- Thornton Park Ice Arena is closed to the general public until further notice; the Ice Arena is open for limited previously scheduled city/club/school programs.
- Block parties canceled for summer and fall 2020.
- Horseshoe Lake pavilion reservations canceled through the end of September.
- The basketball court, skate park and sand volley ball at Thornton Park are open for residents only.
- Tennis courts are open at Sussex.
- Parks remain open for public use, though please practice social distancing while outdoors.
- Playgrounds are open. Patrons are advised to use at their own risk and observe social distancing protocols. The City will sanitize playgrounds weekly.