City Services Update
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. If you cannot find the information you need here, please use the search box in the upper right-hand corner of this page or call the relevant City department for assistance.
- Public access to City Hall will be by appointment only. Call 216-491-1400 to schedule an appointment.
- Visitors will be met by the City Hall staff person with whom an appointment has been scheduled.
- All visitors, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask. Disposable masks will be available at the front desk.
Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building
- Closed to the public.
When interacting with City staff or visiting City facilities, like the Service Center, residents are required to wear masks (unless otherwise noted). City staff is also required to wear masks.
- Most public meetings are being held virtually, by phone and/or video conference (view the calendar). Find instructions for participating in the Agenda Center (select the agenda for the meeting you’d like to attend; instructions for joining virtually are a the top of the agenda).
- View updates on the Shaker Municipal Court website.
Building & Housing
- Station tours and child safety seat installations have been suspended.
- Calls to Public Works (216-491-1490) will go directly to voicemail; residents are advised to leave a message and a customer service representative will return the call. You can also email at email@example.com.
- Saturday large item drop off at Service Center (15600 Chagrin Blvd.) — Open until further notice. Please remain in car until it is your turn; then show your ID through the window before unloading. Unfortunately, City staff cannot help with unloading due to social distancing protocols.
- Saturday and Sunday recycling at Service Center — Open until further notice. Please observe social distancing protocols and remain a minimum of six feet away from other residents while dropping off your recycling.
- Residents are required to wear masks at all times at the Service Center, including when using the self-service recycling area.
- Fingerprinting services, station tours and ride alongs have been suspended until further notice.
- Non-emergency incidents will be handled by phone as much as possible. Please call 216-491-1234 with non-emergencies.
- Parks remain open for public use, though please practice social distancing while outdoors.
- Playgrounds are open. Patrons are advised to use at their own risk and observe social distancing protocols.
- Limited programming is available; view the current Recreation Department program update.