The State of Ohio continues to require businesses to meet safety standards and follow certain protocols intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please review the guidance outlined below. For more details and up-to-date changes, please visit the State of Ohio’s Responsible Restart webpage.
Sector Specific Operating Requirements
All businesses in operation remain subject to continued safety restrictions. Businesses with the ability to allow employees to work from home are encouraged to continue to do so as much as possible. Please follow these detailed sector-specific operating requirements from the State of Ohio.
Protocols for ALL Businesses to Responsibly Reopen
To protect the health of employees and customers and to control the spread of the virus, the Governor announced these protocols that ALL businesses must implement, including:
- Require face coverings
- Conduct daily health assessments
- Maintain good hygiene at all times – hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing.
- Clean and sanitize workplaces throughout workday and at the close of business or between shifts.
- Limit capacity to meet social distancing guidelines.
When a COVID-19 infection is identified:
- Immediately report employee or customer infections to the Cuyahoga County Board of Health: (216) 201-2000
- Work with the local health department to identify potentially exposed individuals to help facilitate appropriate communication/contact tracing.
- Shutdown for deep sanitation if possible.
- Professionally clean and sanitize site/location.
- Reopen in consultation with the local health department.