- You Are Here:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The City of Shaker Heights is working to promote diversity, equity and inclusion in our community, particularly as these issues intersect with the work of the City. This section of the City's website will serve as a repository of information about this important work.
Mission Statement: To be diverse, equitable and inclusive in all we do, including our service delivery, decision-making, policies, and community engagement, for all in our community now and in the future.
- Learn more and get involved with City Council's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee; sign up to receive periodic email updates about the work of the Committee.
- For an overview of the City's goals and initiatives, view the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Framework (PDF), a roadmap for the City's planned work around DEI.
- Meet Colleen Jackson, the City's Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer
Make a selection below to read more about the City's work on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Conversations & Events
Learn more about this series focused on race, diversity, equity and inclusion as they intersect with the work of the City
Practices, Policies & Legislation
Learn more about the City's existing work in the area of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as well as new initiatives now underway.
View all communications about the City's diversity, equity and inclusion work.
- Get involved with City Council's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
- Join us! Attend City meetings to learn more about the work of the City and provide your feedback.
- Step 1: Find the name/date of the meeting you would like to attend on our public meetings calendar.
- Step 2: Locate the agenda for this meeting in the Agenda Center. (NOTE: agendas are posted a day or so before the meeting.)
- Step 3. Open the agenda to see details for joining the meeting and submitting questions.
- Host a DEI meeting or event, open to the public. Learn more and fill out an expense reimbursement application form.