Join Our Team
The Shaker Heights Fire Department offers competitive benefits, excellent training and educational opportunities, and career advancement. In addition, our modern fleet and equipment, combined with a positive and team-oriented work environment, makes our department a great place to develop your career as a firefighter/paramedic.
Sign up to receive email about application opportunities.
- Fire Investigation Unit
- Region 2 Urban Search and Rescue
- Heights Hillcrest Technical Reserve
- Community Outreach and Education
Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Must have EMT-P Certification or be enrolled in Paramedic Training at the time of application (must be certified Paramedic by the time of appointment). Out-of-state applicants must have National Registry EMT-P and become certified in State of Ohio by time of appointment.
- Must be 19 years old at time of application; minimum of 21 years old at the time of appointment.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must possess the physical ability to successfully perform the essential job functions of the Firefighter/Paramedic. Note: Applicants must pass the Tri-C Physical Agility Test (certificate of completion valid within one year of hire date).
- No less than 20/20 vision, without correction or with corrective glasses or contact lenses.
- Valid Ohio driver's license.