Updated May 25.
The City is following CDC guidelines with regard to masks and social distancing for all programs, facilities, and events. CDC guidance now says that vaccinated people can safely remove masks both indoors and outdoors. Unvaccinated people are encouraged to mask indoors and outdoors, especially in situations where there are likely other unvaccinated individuals, and when social distancing isn’t possible.
Things You Can Do
- Thornton Park Ice Rink – Open to the public starting May 29. For more information, visit the Ice Arena webpage.
- Thornton Park Pool including Swim Lessons and Lap Swimming – For more information, visit the Swimming Pool webpage.
- Limited number of visitors May 29 through July 4 with advance registration required for pool swim sessions. No locker rooms, concessions, or vending available.
- Pool opens to the public July 5 from 10 am to 7:30 pm. No advance registration required. No concessions or vending available.
- Summer Camp – Camp registration is open and available.
- #ShakerPlays – Resuming in June and open to the public.
- Parks and Playgrounds – Open to the public.
- Multi-Purpose Trails and Paths – Open to the public.
- Senior Adult Programs – Limited senior adult programming.
- Preschool and Youth Programs – City programs open and registration is required.
- Youth Sports – Skills and league use with license agreement or City program.
- Senior Transportation – Available for seniors age 60 and above.
- City Sponsored Special Events and Concerts at the Colonnade – Resuming in July.
- Horseshoe Lake Park Pavilions – Open for reservations.
- Special Event Requests – Approved on a case by case basis.
- Memorial Day Ceremony – In person at the Veteran’s Memorial at City Hall. 9 am on May 31.
- Memorial Day Parade – Parade delayed until Labor Day.
- Block Parties – Request form available.
Things Under Review/Delayed Awaiting Further Guidance
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building – Available for City and School programs only
- Thornton Park Community Room Rentals – Resuming in September