Phase 1 of the City's 2023 road resurfacing program starts in mid-April. The following streets will be repaved during this phase. Anticipated completion is early June (weather permitting). Impacted residents will receive a notification from the City before work starts.
|PHASE 1: MID-APRIL TO EARLY JUNE|
|Grenway Road||Fernway to Glencairn|
|Kenyon Road||Lee to Avalon|
|Scottsdale Boulevard||Lynnfield to Palmerston|
|Traynham Road||Scottsdale to Norwood|
|Ludlow Road||Southington to Onaway|
|Nicholas Road||Lee to Chelton|
Scope of Work
The phases for resurfacing a street are:
- Phase I: Removal of existing asphalt pavement & placement of new intermediate asphalt
- Phase II: Adjustment of catch basin and manholes, replacement of select driveway aprons and installation of new ADA curb ramps (as necessary).
- Phase III: Placement of the surface asphalt course
- Phase IV: Pavement markings
Guidelines During Resurfacing
- No on-street parking permitted between 7 am and 7 pm
- Residents should avoid blowing leaves into the street during resurfacing.
- Residents whose driveway aprons are being replaced should contact the Police Department (216.491.1220.) or use the online form to request overnight parking on the street. .
- Please observe all signs, barricades and warning lights..
- Also, please help keep neighborhood children safe by warning them about the danger of playing in the construction site or on any of the equipment.
We know that having a construction project on your street is an inconvenience. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Questions? Contact Christian Maier, Assistant Public Works Director, at 216-491-1490 or by email.