Updated May 30: The paving has been completed. Remaining work includes pavement markings and signage and will not impact traffic.
The City started the final phase of the Chagrin Boulevard Resurfacing project in April. This phase is from Helen Road to the eastern City limit and will be completed by mid-June (weather permitting).
Week of May 15, 2023: Expect delays on Chagrin, from Warrensville Center Road to the eastern city limit. Bi-directional traffic will be maintained but construction crews will be removing the asphalt and installing the first layer of concrete in the center lanes.
The general scope of work for this phase of the resurfacing consists of:
- Task I: Pavement grinding and removal of asphalt.
- Task II: Installation of the intermediate asphalt course to provide a smooth riding surface during construction. Pavement repairs, utility casting adjustments, installation of Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliant curb ramps, select curb and apron replacement will also be completed during this task.
- Task III: Installation of the surface asphalt course, pavement markings and restoration work
For this phase, one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction. However, motorists should expect delays when traveling through the work zone.
Residents impacted by the project will be notified in writing by the contractor (Ronyak Paving). Please note:
- If your driveway apron is being replaced and it is necessary to park on the street overnight, please contact the Police Department at 216-491-1220 or use the online form.
- Please follow all signage and new traffic patterns.
- Please help keep neighborhood children safe by warning them about the danger of playing in the construction site or on any of the equipment.
Questions? Contact Christian Maier, assistant public works director, at 216-491-1490 or by email.