Phase 2 of the City's 2023 road resurfacing program starts the week of June 19. The following streets will be repaved during this phase. Anticipated completion is mid-August (weather permitting). Impacted residents will receive a notification from the City before work starts.
|PHASE 1: MID-APRIL TO EARLY JUNE|
|Leighton Road||Larchmere to Shaker|
|West Belvoir Road||Shaker to S. Woodland|
|Sydenham Road||Byron to W. Belvoir Oval|
|Avalon Road||Fernway to Aldersyde|
|Torrington Road||Shaker to S. Woodland|
|Shelburne Road||Eaton to Courtland|
|Holbrook Road||Stockholm to Elsmere|
Scope of Work
The phases for resurfacing a street are:
- Phase I: Removal of existing asphalt pavement & placement of new intermediate asphalt
- Phase II: Adjustment of catch basin and manholes, replacement of select driveway aprons and installation of new ADA curb ramps (as necessary).
- Phase III: Placement of the surface asphalt course
- Phase IV: Pavement markings
Guidelines During Resurfacing
- No on-street parking permitted between 7 am and 7 pm
- Residents should avoid blowing leaves into the street during resurfacing.
- Residents whose driveway aprons are being replaced should contact the Police Department (216.491.1220.) or use the online form to request overnight parking on the street. .
- Please observe all signs, barricades and warning lights..
- Also, please help keep neighborhood children safe by warning them about the danger of playing in the construction site or on any of the equipment.
We know that having a construction project on your street is an inconvenience. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Questions? Contact Christian Maier, Assistant Public Works Director, at 216-491-1490 or by email.