How do I open for business?

In order to move into a commercial space in Shaker Heights, you must have a Business License (Commercial Occupancy Permit). Learn more at our Business License page. Additional information and resources can be found in the Opening a Business section of the website.

Show All Answers

1. How do I open for business?
2. How do I obtain a food license?
3. How do I build out a commercial space?
4. Can I open my business without a Business License (Commercial Occupancy Permit)?
5. Does a Businesss License (Commercial Occupancy Permit) expire?
6. If there is more than one business in a building, do all of the businesses need separate business licenses (commercial occupancy permits)?