Can you recommend a contractor or repair person?

Unfortunately, no. This would be a conflict of interest and is prohibited by the State. There are however several resources available to you as a Shaker resident: 

  • Home Repair Resource Center: Located in Cleveland Heights, HRRC can help you select a contractor and you can read reviews of contractors written by other Shaker Heights residents.
  • Cleveland Restoration Society: Located in Cleveland, CRS can discuss your project with you and recommend qualified contractors.
  • Ask neighbors and friends for recommendations. 
  • Use online contractor review websites.

Remember any contractor performing work that requires a permit, exterior painting, landscaping, or hot work activity is required to be registered with the City. The list of currently licensed contractors can be accessed here.

Show All Answers

1. How do I become a licensed contractor in Shaker Heights?
2. How can I find a contractor licensed with the City?
3. Can you recommend a contractor or repair person?
4. Are licensed contractors recommended or vetted by the City?
5. A contractor took payment, but failed to perform the work. What should I do?
6. What are the limits of liability for contractors licensed with the City?
7. Am I allowed to hire a contractor who does not appear on the City's list of contractors?