Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Thank you for your interest in acquiring a City-owned residential lot for the purpose of building a single-family home (infill). Before completing this online application, please be sure to:
— Download, complete (including notarize), and scan to a PDF file the Non-Collusion & Disclosure Affidavit, which you will be required to upload as part of this online application. You might consider using an online notary service.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. The receipt of a completed application does not guarantee a property transfer. The City will carefully review applications and accept/deny based on their merit.
You may consider creating an account using the link in the yellow box at the top of your screen, if you have not already done so. This will allow you to save your progress and complete this form at a later date.
If you have any questions about the program, application, or review process, please contact Kamla Lewis at 216-491-1374 or email@example.com. Thank you.
• The City is offering lots for redevelopment as owner-occupied single family homes.
• An owner occupant buyer or a builder/developer may apply to acquire the lot.
• The City can take back the property if the home is not built and used as an owner-occupied single-family home.
• The City’s Design Guidelines for new home construction must be adhered to and will be a requirement in the Development and Use agreement with the City. Applicants must meet with City Planning & Neighborhood Revitalization staff before applying.
• To be eligible, applicants must be in good standing with the City’s Building and Housing and Planning Departments, have no Criminal Nuisance Activity violations, be current with all property taxes in Shaker Heights and no properties they own can be in foreclosure.
• The receipt of a completed application does not guarantee a property transfer. The City will carefully review applications and accept/deny based on their merit. Approval by City Council is required.
• For the details of the City’s Vacant Lot Program guidelines, view the Vacant Lot Program Guidelines (PDF) and the Vacant Lot Process Chart (PDF).
Shaker Heights Zoning Code (PDF)
Design Guidelines for Single Family Infill Housing (PDF)
1. Review by staff to determine:
List the Permanent Parcel Numbers (PPN), addresses and offer price of the vacant lots you are applying for. Please use the format ###-##-### for the PPN.
Use format ###-###-####
Use PDF format.
Estimate the time needed between the following actions:
Check all that apply.
Enter $ amount
Please upload a PDF scan of the completed and notarized Non-Collusion and Disclosure Affidavit.
1. All applications for City-owned properties must be reviewed and approved by City Staff, City Council, City Planning Commission, and the Architectural Board of Review. The City may reject the application altogether or ask for revisions.
2. This application is a statement of interest only. By receiving it, the City does not commit to transfer property. I/We understand that if the application is accepted I/we will be required to enter into an agreement with the City to complete the transaction.
3. All City-owned property is sold “as is” and no further work will be done to the property by The City of Shaker Heights.
4. The City of Shaker Heights does not guarantee the existence of utilities to the property and it will be my/our responsibility to pay for any needed utility hook-ups.
5. The City of Shaker Heights does not certify that there is no underground debris or materials from prior construction i.e. foundations, basements, etc. The City is not responsible for the removal of anything found underground during construction.
6. I/We will be responsible for all taxes, assessments, water charges, waste charges, governmental and private liens and encumbrances, if applicable, and any other taxes and assessments that become due from taking title to the property. I/we are responsible for inquiring at the appropriate offices to determine the amounts of taxes, assessments and charges that will be due.
7. I/we will close on a property sale within 90 days of the execution of the Purchase and Development Agreement with the City. The City will not transfer the property if this deadline is missed (subject to Force Majeure).
8. For single family home proposals, construction will be completed within 12 months of transfer. If this deadline is missed, the City will issue a penalty equal to the average selling price of comparable lots plus lost interest (subject to Force Majeure). An extension of up to 6 months may be obtained by written notice to the City.
9. I/we agree to all City requirements of submitting documentation and/or any additional information that the City of Shaker Heights may need for the completion of the application process.
10. I/we agree that if this application is approved, the property will be maintained and developed in compliance with the completed application and the terms of the Purchase and Development Agreement.
All information and supporting documentation supplied to The City of Shaker Heights is accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that providing false information may violate Federal, State, and local laws and be punishable and as such will invalidate this application.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field