Skip to Content

Animal Control

The Animal Warden responds to calls regarding:

  • Loose or wild dogs
  • Lost or found dogs or cats
  • Injured dogs or cats
  • Dog or cat fatalities
  • Bats - removal & testing from living spaces

For information, call 216-491-1490 (after hours or emergencies, call 216-491-1499 or 216-491-1288).

Dog License

Licenses can be purchased online from Cuyahoga County.
All new residents to Shaker Heights (from outside the County or State) must purchase a license within 30 days of moving to the City.

Moves within Cuyahoga County require a transfer form from the County, or call 216-443-7028.

Deer Population and Property Damage

Mayor Earl Leiken’s Deer Task Force collected data in 2016 on how frequently residents see deer in their neighborhoods, what concerns they had regarding deer, including whether deer had damaged property and/or landscaping. Read more about local deer, report deer damage, and take a 2018 Deer Survey.

Saturday, December 15, 2018


fall 2018

Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.