Public Input Welcome During 2019 Budget Process
The City's 2019 budget process is officially underway. Residents are invited to the a series of public meetings to learn more about the City's proposed 2019 budget and to offer input and feedback to the Mayor and City Council as the budget is prepared.
Schedule of meetings:
- October 9: Presentation of preliminary 2019 Operating and Capital budgets and priorities
- October 22: City Council to discuss preliminary 2019 Operating and Capital budgets
- November 12: Presentation of updated 2019 Operating Budget
- November 26: Presentation of updated 2019 Capital Budget
- December 3: Presentation of the final 2019 Operating and Capital budgets
- December 17: Adoption of the 2019 budget ordinances
Time: 7 pm, except for the December 17 meeting, which is at 7:30. Check Agendas and Minutes (http://bit.ly/2dVmChV) before each meeting so you will know how much business will precede the budget discussion. This will help you plan when to arrive at the meeting.
Location: Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building (3450 Lee Rd.) through October, then check the City’s Sunshine Calendar at http://bit.ly/sunsh for the correct location.
More detailed budget information is scheduled to be posted on November 9 and can be downloaded from the shakeronline.com website.
Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.